[Python-Dev] Python 2.7 -- bugfix or security before EOL?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Mar 14 13:21:16 EDT 2018

Speaking from the sidelines, I'd say that any further backporting of
non-security fixes would appear to be throwing good development effort away,

This software is less than two years from the extremely well-heralded end
of its life and people are expecting enhancements? It's a cold, ungrateful
world we live in!

It might be useful to retain the issues for the benefit of those who way
wish to maintain the release after EOL, or at least get a list of them
before the tags are wiped.

regards
 Steve

Steve Holden