[Python-Dev] Python 2.7 -- bugfix or security before EOL?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Mon Mar 12 10:19:52 EDT 2018

On 2018-03-12, 13:13 GMT, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> +1 from me, as even if commercial redistributors do decide
> they want to collaborate on a post-2020 Python 2.7 maintenance
> branch, there's no technical reason that that needs to live
> under the "python" GitHub organisation, and some solid
> logistical reasons for it to live somewhere more explicitly
> vendor managed.

It would be good to have some email list of the commercial
redistributors (Linux distro maintainers + people from Anaconda
etc.). Could python.org host it?

Best,

Matěj
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

..every Man has a Property in his own Person. This no Body has
any Right to but himself. The Labour of his Body, and the Work of
his Hands, we may say, are properly his. .... The great and chief
end therefore, of Mens uniting into Commonwealths, and putting
themselves under Government, is the Preservation of their
Property.
    -- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"