[Python-Dev] Python Test suite hangining

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Mar 5 13:13:47 EST 2018

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 at 11:38 TonyFlury via Python-Dev <python-dev at python.org>
wrote:

> All,
> Sorry to trouble you all  - but I am trying to get the Python 3.8 test
> suite running on Ubuntu 16.0.4.
>
> As per the dev guide - having cloned the repo and run the build I am
> running the test suite by : ./python -m test -j1
>
> This runs through to test 414/415 - and then start getting this message
>
>     running: test_poplib (nnn sec)
>
>     every 30 seconds - nnn got to 1077 secs before I decided to stop it.
>

> When I ran test_poplib on it's own - I got this Traceback  :

>       File "/home/tony/Development/python/cpython/Lib/ssl.py", line 1108,
> in do_handshake
>         self._sslobj.do_handshake()
>     ssl.SSLError: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_CERTIFICATE_UNKNOWN] sslv3 alert
> certificate unknown (_ssl.c:1038)
>
> And then lots of reports of unexpected EOFs.
>
> I have the latest CA-certificates installed
>
> Any advice - I couldn't find anything on google.

CI is testing, so this isn't a universal issue:
https://travis-ci.org/python/cpython/jobs/349398791 . So I would see if you
could diagnose whether your latest certs are so new compared to what others
who run the test suite are using that that's what is causing your failure
compared to others.

-Brett