[Python-Dev] Python Test suite hangining

anthony.flury at btinternet.com anthony.flury at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 4 14:36:58 EST 2018

All,
Sorry to trouble you all  - but I am trying to get the Python 3.8 test suite running on Ubuntu 16.0.4.
As per the dev guide - having cloned the repo and run the build I am running the test suite by : ./python -m test -j1
This runs through to test 414/415 - and then start getting this message

    running: test_poplib (nnn sec)

    every 30 seconds - nnn got to 1077 secs before I decided to stop it.

When I ran test_poplib on it's own - I got this Traceback  :
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/tony/Development/python/cpython/Lib/ssl.py", line 1108, in do_handshake
        self._sslobj.do_handshake()
    ssl.SSLError: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_CERTIFICATE_UNKNOWN] sslv3 alert certificate unknown (_ssl.c:1038)

And then lots of reports of unexpected EOFs.
I have the latest CA-certificates installed
Any advice - I couldn't find anything on google.

 --
Anthony Flury
anthony.flury at btinternet.com