[Python-Dev] Proposal: go back to enabling DeprecationWarning by default

Philipp A. flying-sheep at web.de
Wed Nov 8 02:47:07 EST 2017

Hi Guido,

As far as I can see, the general consensus seems to be to turn them back on
in general: The last person to argue against it was Paul Moore, and he
since said:

“OK, I overstated [that you’re ‘hosed’ by DeprecationWarnings appearing].
Apologies. My recollection is of a lot more end user complaints when
deprecation warnings were previously switched on than others seem to
remember, but I can't find hard facts, so I'll assume I'm misremembering.”

Besides, quite some of the problems people mention would only be fixed by
turning them on in general, not with the compromise.

So I don’t think we need a compromise, right?

Best, Philipp

Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> schrieb am Mi., 8. Nov. 2017 um
03:46 Uhr: