[Python-Dev] thoughts on backporting __wrapped__ to 2.7?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Apr 4 06:04:58 EDT 2016

I'm working on teaching funcsigs - the backport of inspect.signature -
better handling for wrapped functions, and the key enabler to do that
is capturing the wrapped function in __wrapped__. I'm wondering what
folks thoughts are on backporting that to 2.7 - seems cleaner than
monkeypatching functools.wraps, which would tend to be subject to
import ordering races and general ick. I'll likely prep such a
monkeypatch for folk that are stuck on older versions of 2.7 anyhow...
so its not a huge win...

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hpe.com>