[Python-Dev] Sporadic failures of test_subprocess and test_multiprocessing_spawn

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 02:31:45 CEST 2015

Hi Serhiy,

> Just run tests with low memory limit.
>
> (ulimit -v 60000; ./python -m test.regrtest -uall -v
> test_multiprocessing_spawn;)
>
> test_io also hangs.

I confirm that some tests using threads hang under very low memory
condition. At bootstrap, Python doesn't handle correctly all
exceptions when starting a new thread. The "parent thread" waits until
the "child thread" completes, which never occurs because the thread
already completed.

I don't think that it was my regression, it probably exists since
Python 2 and maybe before. I'm not interested to touch this fragile
part of Python. It's maybe easy to fix the issue, I don't know.

Victor