[Python-Dev] Pydoc Replacement for Python's help()?

Cyd Haselton chaselton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 19:49:01 CET 2015

Hello,
I've finally managed to build a (somewhat) working Python port for the
Android tablet I'm using.  Unfortunately, as I quickly found out,
Python's built-in help function requires tkinter, which requires
tcl/tk.

I did download the sources for tcl/tk and built tcl, but found out
that tk requires XWindows libraries and includes.

Long story short:  Is there an alternative documentation system (i.e.
epydoc) that does not have tkinter dependencies?  If so, is there a
parameter or env variable that would allow me to use it instead of
pydoc?

Thanks in advance,
Cyd