[Python-Dev] PEP 370 - per-user scripts directory on Windows

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 00:00:11 CET 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> OTOH, it may be time to reconsider our recommendation to distros as well,
> suggesting that for Python 3.5+, we will consider it appropriate to have the
> "python" symlink refer to "python3".

If *all* distros provide a "python2" symlink, then the recommendation
can become "use python if it's 2/3 compatible, or python2/python3 to
choose", and then it won't hurt to switch python to be python3. Are
there known distros in which current versions (or, those that will be
current when 3.5 is released) aren't providing "python2"?

ChrisA