[Python-Dev] Fix Unicode-disabled build of Python 2.7

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 14:49:40 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM, Antoine Pitrou <antoine at python.org> wrote:
> For the same reason, I agree with Victor that we should ditch the
> threading-disabled builds. It's too much of a hassle for no actual,
> practical benefit. People who want a threadless unicodeless Python can
> install Python 1.5.2 for all I care.

Or some other implementation of Python. It's looking like micropython
will be permanently supporting a non-Unicode build (although I stepped
away from the project after a strong disagreement over what would and
would not make sense, and haven't been following it since). If someone
wants a Python that doesn't have stuff that the core CPython devs
treat as essential, s/he probably wants something like uPy anyway.

ChrisA