[Python-Dev] python-dev for MAC OS X

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Sat Jun 14 00:34:33 CEST 2014

In article
<CALWZvp6+pi1zXr9ewKuMgzAECV70Zb4p3mutazzgw55dm=gqcg at mail.gmail.com>,
 Tal Einat <taleinat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:21 PM, Pedro Helou <helou.pedro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > does anybody know how to install the python-dev headers and libraries for
> > MAC OS X?
> This list is for discussing the development *of* Python, not *with*
> Python. Please ask on the python list, python-list at python.org (more
> info here[1]) or on the #python channel on the Freenode IRC server.
> StackOverflow is also a good place to search for information and ask
> questions.

Like Tal said.  But I'm guessing you are asking about the headers for
the Apple-supplied System Pythons.  On recent versions of OS X, they are
not installed by default; you need to install the Command Line Tools
component to install system headers include those for Python.  How you
do that varies by OS X release.  In OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you can run
"xcode-select --install".  For earlier releases, there may be an option
in Xcode.app's Preferences.  Or you may be able to download the right
Command Line Tools package from the Apple Developer Connection site.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org