[Python-Dev] Moving Python 3.5 on Windows to a new compiler

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jun 6 22:12:34 CEST 2014

Am 06.06.14 21:20, schrieb "Martin v. Löwis":
> 2. what is the risk of installing a beta compiler on what might
>    otherwise be a "production" developer system? In particular, could
>    it interfere with other VS installations, and could it require a
>    complete system reinstall when the final release of VC 14 is
>    available?

I found an official answer here:

http://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-14-ctp-vs

"Installing a CTP release will place a computer in an unsupported state.
For that reason, we recommend only installing CTP releases in a virtual
machine, or on a computer that is available for reformatting."

So there is no promise that you will not need to reformat the system
during the evolution of the compiler.

Regards,
Martin