[Python-Dev] asyncio/Tulip: use CPython as the new upstream

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Fri Jun 6 16:37:39 CEST 2014

On Fri, 06 Jun 2014 10:05:52 -0400, Antoine Pitrou <antoine at python.org> wrote:
> Le 06/06/2014 07:00, R. David Murray a écrit :
> >
> > I don't have any opinion on the workflow.
> >
> > My understanding is that part of the purpose of the "provisional"
> > designation is to allow faster evolution (read: fixing) of an API before
> > the library becomes non-provisional.  Thus I agree with Guido here, and
> > will be doing something similar with at least one of the minor provisional
> > email API features in 3.4.2 (unless I miss the cutoff again ... :(
>
> I would personally distinguish API fixes (compatibility-breaking
> changes) from feature additions (new APIs).

It doesn't look like the PEP directly addresses API changes in maintenance
releases, and I suppose that should be fixed.

I specifically want to fix this API before someone depends on it working
the wrong way, which they would have to if I left it alone for the whole
of the 3.4 series.  (Issue 21091 for the curious.)

--David