[Python-Dev] Email from Rietveld Code Review Tool is classified as spam

Sky Kok sky.kok at speaklikeaking.com
Thu Dec 25 04:56:11 CET 2014

Dear comrades,

Merry Christmas for you who celebrates Christmas! Happy holidays for
you who don't.

Anyway, sometimes when people review my patches for CPython, they send
me a notice through Rietveld Code Review Tool which later will send an
email to me. However, my GMail spam filter is aggressive so the email
will always be classified as spam because it fails spf checking. So if
Taylor Swift clicks 'send email' in Rietveld after reviewing my patch,
Rietveld will send email to me but the email pretends as if it is sent
from taylor at swift.com. Hence, failing spf checking.

Take an example where R. David Murray commented on my patch, I
wouldn't know about it if I did not click Spam folder out of the blue.
I remember in the past I had ignored Serhiy Storchaka's advice for
months because his message was buried in spam folder.

Maybe we shouldn't pretend as someone else when sending email through Rietveld?

Cheers,
Vajrasky Kok