[Python-Dev] PEP 481 - Migrate Some Supporting Repositories to Git and Github

Eric Snow ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 02:53:52 CET 2014

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 6:44 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> Yea this is essentially what I meant. We already have “unofficial” mirrors
> for PEPs and CPython itself on Github that are updated a few times a day.
> It wouldn’t be very difficult I think to make them official mirrors and
> update them immediately after a push.
>
> Then just some integration with Roundup would enable people to send PRs
> on Github.

Exactly.  In my mind this eliminates almost all the controversy in
this discussion.  The question of switching hosting provider or DVCS
becomes something to discuss separately (and probably just drop since
at that point it doesn't improve much over the status quo).  Of
course, it does not address the more pressing concern of how to get
contributions landed more quickly/steadily. :(  However, that is
largely what Nick addresses in PEP 462. :)

-eric