[Python-Dev] Exposing the Android platform existence to Python modules

Shiz mark at xn--hwg34fba.ws
Fri Aug 1 14:32:48 CEST 2014

> On 1 August 2014 02:54, Glenn Linderman <v+python at g.nevcal.com> wrote:
>
> Alternatively, if having sys.platform be "linux" makes portability
> easier because code that does a platform check generally gets the
> right answer if Android reports as "linux", then why not make
> sys.linux_distribution report "android"?
>
> To put it briefly, either android is the platform, or android is a
> specific distribution of the linux platform.
>
> Paul

That might maybe work better. I was assuming a userland perspective because I’ve been honestly mostly wrestling with Bionic, Android’s libc,
but putting that into perspective to consider Android as a whole (after all, the SDK and NDK are what make Android for a lot of developers)
might be a valid other approach as well.

Kinds regards,
Shiz