[Python-Dev] Timing breakdown of Py_InitializeEx_Private()

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 22:42:08 CEST 2014

On 16 April 2014 16:33, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:

> In my sense it would be silly if that full-blown app would suffer from
> or relate to site at all, tho. Apps are meant to be self-contained.

For better or for worse, Python applications like Mercurial are
currently considered an integrated part of Linux distros and hence
subject to the usual de-duplication rules (like not embedding their
own Python interpreter, and relying on shared system libraries when
appropriate). And yes, this does cause problems (but not integrating
them causes major security update management problems).

Cheers,
Nick.