[Python-Dev] Timing breakdown of Py_InitializeEx_Private()

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Apr 16 22:33:49 CEST 2014

On 16/04/14 16:35, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 09:39:34 +0200
> Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think in cases like hg command line scripts there is no need
>> to import site just for hg scripts.
>
> If you don't import site you won't be able to import Mercurial in most
> cases.

Oh is that so?
I thought about hg as a set of command-line scripts with a defined
interface that should IMO not be dependent from any site-specific
settings.
Instead, it should be configured at install time, and after that
be completely independent from site settings.

> Also, talking about "scripts" is a bit silly here - Mercurial is a
> full-blown applications with many modules and tens of thousands of
> lines of code.

Thanks for regarding my comments as silly.

In my sense it would be silly if that full-blown app would suffer from
or relate to site at all, tho. Apps are meant to be self-contained.

regards - Chris

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023