[Python-Dev] Posting frequent spurious changes in bugtracker

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:48:06 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Glenn Linderman <v+python at g.nevcal.com> wrote:
> Jesus' suggestion of a hidden version field would help, but could be
> annoying for the case of someone writing a lengthy response, and having it
> discarded because the hidden version field is too old... so care would have
> to be taken to preserve such responses when doing the refresh...

I seem to recall that this already happens in certain circumstances.
If someone else posts a comment while you are composing a comment, the
user interface notifies you with a red box when you try to submit that
the thread has changed.  It prevents the post but does preserve the
text you are composing.

--Chris