[Python-Dev] Online docs: make index search available everywhere

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 06:49:55 CEST 2012

On Sep 8, 2012, at 8:16 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM, Chris Jerdonek <chris.jerdonek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This raises a related question.  Where should we file issues for
>> Python-controlled things that are outside the scope of the cpython
>> repository (or the devguide) and that are not issues with the tracker
>> (which has its own tracker -- the meta tracker).
>>
>> For example, where should we file an issue for hg.python.org if we
>> suspect the issue is with how we've customized things rather than with
>> Mercurial's hgweb itself.  The main bugs tracker has a component for
>> "Devguide" but not for other non-cpython repository things like
>> hg.python.org.
>
> As far as I know, we don't have a general ticketing system for
> python.org infrastructure. That may change at some point in the
> future, but in the meantime I just email python-committers or
> python-dev if I notice something that appears broken with the
> development infrastructure, or pydotorg-www for the website in
> general.

In the absence of a tracker for "other" Python development issues, why
not allow such issues to be filed with the main tracker in the
meantime?  Otherwise, there is no clear way to record or track
progress made on those issues.

In the meantime, I will post my issue to python-dev.

--Chris

Sent from my iPhone