[Python-Dev] Tru64 support

martin at v.loewis.de martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Sep 5 00:29:45 CEST 2012

Zitat von Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>:

> On 9/4/2012 9:00 AM, Andrew Svetlov wrote:
>> Aha, ./Doc/whatsnew/3.0.rst declares dropping support for Tru64.
>> Several files in repo mention it, though.
>
> That suggests that it should be added to PEP11. Martin is the PEP
> editor, so I guess it is his final decision.

I'd be curious if there is any public record on this removal. I'm
not sure it actually happened; socketmodule.c still has

#if defined(__digital__) && defined(__unix__)

and configure.in still has two mentionings of Tru64. Also,
cmathmodule.c still has support code for Tru64. So if support
was removed at all, this wasn't done very carefully.

I'm fine with declaring that the removal was *announced* in 3.0,
though, and actually performed in 3.4 (assuming this then actually
happens, contributions are welcome).

Regards,
Martin