[Python-Dev] Tru64 support

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Sep 4 15:05:25 CEST 2012

On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 15:19:38 +0300, Andrew Svetlov <andrew.svetlov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> > I don't think so. If some hypothetical Tru64 user cares, they can
> > probably open a bug on the tracker.
> >
> Thanks.

I used to work on Tru64 systems many years ago.

According to the pages on HP's site (http://h30097.www3.hp.com/) that
Google found me (HP acquired the Alpha platform that Tru64 runs on,
among other things), the Alpha itself was discontinued in 2007, and
Tru64 has reached the end of "Mature Product Support with Sustaining
Engineering" this year.  From this point on it is just "Mature Product
Support".  Not sure exactly what that means, other than that Tru64 is
definitely a dying platform.

--David