[Python-Dev] externals?

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Nov 18 10:00:43 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> One way would be to use one hg repo per version, and (maybe, if needed)
> a master repo that has them as subrepos.

Or have all versions in the same repo as usual (with branches), but
have hg subrepos point to different repos: ones extracted from the
main repo by containing only the correct branch.  But it might be a
bit delicate to pull this off.  (hg clone takes a "-r" option and
copies only things needed for the given revision or branch, but
apparently we can't pass this option automatically to the cloning of
subrepos.  (Maybe it points out that subrepos are a hack best done
without altogether, which is what we did in pypy.))

A bientôt,

Armin.