[Python-Dev] Poking about issue 1677

martin at v.loewis.de martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jun 26 13:21:01 CEST 2012

> I just wanted to bring some more attention to issue #1677 , because I
> feel it's important and misunderstood.

Please consider working even more on a solution then. If I had time to
work on this, I'd run Python in a debugger, and see what happens. Finding
out in what state Python is when it stops might be enough to create a
solution.

I find this very hard to reproduce. All of the versions reported to crash
work fine for me most of the time, except that a small percentage (1 out
of 5 starts perhaps) actually does crash.

Regards,
Martin