[Python-Dev] backporting stdlib 2.7.x from pypy to cpython

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jun 12 10:09:14 CEST 2012

Brett Cannon writes:

 > Not necessarily. Just like discussions on SIGs can start and end
 > there, I see no requirement that discussions on the list end up on
 > python-dev.

You've missed my point, which is that for many people working on
CPython, python-dev will be the natural place to discuss those issues,
and the thread will end up on two different lists.

 > Discussions on the list would universally affect all VMs, so there is an
 > incentive to pay attention.

You've missed the point again, which is that the incentive only
motivates those who care about VMs.  It does not motivate those who
care about features that affect VMs.