[Python-Dev] Announcing the python-static-type-checking google group

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Jul 1 17:23:57 CEST 2012

Hey Paul,

This list is going to be high volume super focused and run by Edward;
so far he's mostly been thinking out loud. I don't think that Edward
would be comfortable doing that quite in the same way on th existing
compiler-list. But by all means sign up for his list!

--Guido

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> Edward K. Ream wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> GvR has asked me to announce the python-static-type-checking google
>> group http://groups.google.com/group/python-static-type-checking to
>> python-dev.
>>
>> Consider it announced.  Anyone from python-dev who likes may become a
>> member.
>
> Is there any reason why the compiler-sig mailing list wasn't chosen as a venue
> for such discussions? I know it has "compiler" in the title, but the mandate
> overlaps significantly with what you intend to discuss.
>
> It's obviously your choice where you host discussions and who you invite, and
> I know that the special interest group mailing lists aren't exactly well
> advertised these days, what with the lack of agility around updating the Web
> content that advertises such things (or the lack of visibility of the Wiki
> content), but I feel that you might have a more productive discussion if you
> don't insist on Google Groups membership and also allow a wider selection of
> participants.
>
> Please consider this as friendly advice: I too would like to see progress in
> the area concerned.
>
> Paul

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)