[Python-Dev] Announcing the python-static-type-checking google group

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Jul 1 02:22:47 CEST 2012

Edward K. Ream wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> GvR has asked me to announce the python-static-type-checking google
> group http://groups.google.com/group/python-static-type-checking to
> python-dev.
>
> Consider it announced.  Anyone from python-dev who likes may become a
> member.

Is there any reason why the compiler-sig mailing list wasn't chosen as a venue
for such discussions? I know it has "compiler" in the title, but the mandate
overlaps significantly with what you intend to discuss.

It's obviously your choice where you host discussions and who you invite, and
I know that the special interest group mailing lists aren't exactly well
advertised these days, what with the lack of agility around updating the Web
content that advertises such things (or the lack of visibility of the Wiki
content), but I feel that you might have a more productive discussion if you
don't insist on Google Groups membership and also allow a wider selection of
participants.

Please consider this as friendly advice: I too would like to see progress in
the area concerned.

Paul