[Python-Dev] Python compatibility issue with Windows Developer Preview

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 20:43:46 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 13:24, Ryan Wells (MP Tech Consulting LLC)
<v-rywel at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Please let me know if you have an estimated timeframe to address this issue,
> and if our team can further assist in this process.

No idea about an estimated time frame, but I've entered
http://bugs.python.org/issue13101 into our tracker so we don't lose
the issue and its details in our inboxes. If you're interested in
tracking the results of any discussion or fixes, you could add
yourself to the "nosy" list on that bug report (you'd have to register
or use OpenID).

If it is just a difference in return value like you suspected, the fix
is probably pretty easy. The bigger barrier is just finding time to
get a Windows 8 setup.

Thanks for the report.