[Python-Dev] Problems with regrtest and with logging

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Fri May 6 19:51:31 CEST 2011

 Hi,

 Sorry for quick email-battery dying.

 regrtest helpfully reports when a test leaves the environment unclean
 (sys.path, os.environ, logging._handlerList), but I think the
 implementation is buggy: it compares object identity and then value.
 Why is comparing identity useful?  I’d just use ==.  It makes writing
 cleanup code easier (just use addCleanup(setattr, obj, 'attr',
 copy(obj.attr))).

 Second: in packaging, we have two modules that create a logging
 handler.  I’m not sure how if we should change the code or fix the tests
 to restore the _handlerList, or how.

 Thanks for advice.

 Regards