[Python-Dev] Unable to build old version from hg.python.org

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Mar 7 17:23:02 CET 2011

    >> Vinay, 2.5 has been long closed for bug fixes. You should target 2.7.

But it wasn't a bug in 2.5 per se, it was a bug introduced by the migration
from Subversion to Mercurial.  Perhaps Mercurial could be trained to expand
the $HeadURL$ string appropriately.  Failing that, I don't see any great
harm in expanding that string and checking it in, simply to avoid this
problem in the future.  I'm sure there are plenty of developers maintaining
external code which is still supposed to be 2.5-compatible.

Skip