[Python-Dev] Unable to build old version from hg.python.org

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 17:00:41 CET 2011

Antoine Pitrou <solipsis <at> pitrou.net> writes:

> Vinay, 2.5 has been long closed for bug fixes. You should target 2.7.

I understand that - I was only doing it as a forward-porting exercise as per
your suggestion on another thread about merge flow:

- on one hand: 2.5 -> 2.6 -> 2.7 (if you still want to maintain 2.5)
- on the other hand: 3.1 -> 3.2 -> default

As it happens, the fix I'm doing won't apply to 2.5 anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip