[Python-Dev] cpython: Remove some extraneous parentheses and swap the comparison order to

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 17:12:18 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:35 AM, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com> wrote:
> After ~12 years of doing this, it comes naturally.  I appreciate that
> this may come across as weird though :)

I actually thought Brett's rationale in the checkin comment was
reasonable (if you get in the habit of putting constants on the left,
then the classic "'=' instead of '=='" typo is a compiler error
instead of a reassignment).

Call it a +0 in favour of letting people put constants on the left in
C code if they prefer it that way, so long as any given if/elif chain
is consistent in the style it uses.

Cheers,
Nick.