[Python-Dev] cpython (3.2): Stop ignoring Mercurial merge conflits files (#12255).

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Jul 29 16:49:35 CEST 2011

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:21:42 +0200
Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> wrote:
> > What use are these backups really? We are using a (D)VCS, you are not
> > losing anything.
>
> The .orig files after a revert could contain code that’s not committed
> anywhere.  See also RDM’s reply to your message.

I would point out that by using "hg revert", you deliberately want to
forget some local changes.

Besides, "hg status" is meant to show untracked files which could
*potentially* be tracked. It's not like anybody wants to track .orig
and .rej files, so having them in the ignore list is still the right
thing to do.

Regards

Antoine.