[Python-Dev] New update to PEP397 - Python launcher for Windows

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Thu Jul 21 10:32:59 CEST 2011

On 7/20/2011 11:35 PM, Mark Hammond wrote:
>      * If the command starts with the definition of a customized command
>        followed by a space character, the customized command will be used.
>        See below for a description of customized commands.

>      Then a shebang line of '#! vpython' in a script named 'doit.py' will
>      result in the launcher using the command-line 'c:\bin\vpython.exe -foo
>      doit.py'

Shouldn't the second paragraph include a space before the 2nd ' ?  In
other words, the command as quoted does not show a "customized command
followed by a space character" as the definition requires.  I don't know
why the space character is required, or maybe "white space" was meant,
so that the line terminating newline character qualifies also to delimit
the customized command?