[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: Remove mention of medical condition from the test suite.

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 08:49:32 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 6:17 AM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> For this test string, a) I'm not a native speaker and therefore don't know of
> any special treatment this pun deserves

It's not an especially *good* joke, just a very old one that plays on
double meanings of both "see" (as in sight and understanding) and
"saw" (as in sight and a tool). Still, I'd put it in the same category
as the Monty Python quotes we have scattered around the test suite -
if people came across them and didn't realise they were quotes they
might be puzzled, but attempting to retain that Pythonesque sense of
humour is itself part of what makes the Python community what it is.

Cheers,
Nick.