[Python-Dev] Hg question

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Tue Apr 12 23:08:13 CEST 2011

Le mardi 12 avril 2011 à 14:35 -0400, Alexander Belopolsky a écrit :
> I was preparing a commit to 3.2 and default branches and mistakenly
> used -m insread of -l commit option.  As a result, I have
>
> $ hg out
> comparing with ssh://hg@hg.python.org/cpython
> searching for changes
> changeset:   69272:0bf1354fab6b
> branch:      3.2
> parent:      69268:bfc586c558ed
> user:        Alexander Belopolsky <alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com>
> date:        Tue Apr 12 14:00:43 2011 -0400
> summary:     m.txt
>
> changeset:   69273:516ed700ce22
> tag:         tip
> parent:      69270:c26d015cbde8
> parent:      69272:0bf1354fab6b
> user:        Alexander Belopolsky <alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com>
> date:        Tue Apr 12 14:02:22 2011 -0400
> summary:     m.txt
>

> I would like to replace m.txt in the summary with the content of the
> file m.txt.

I don't know if it is the "right" solution, but I would use hg strip
+histedit. Something like:

$ hg strip 516ed700ce22 # remove commit in the default branch
$ hg update 3.2
$ hg histedit 0bf1354fab6b
<don't touch code>
$ hg ci -l m.txt
$ hg update default
$ hg merge 3.2

WARNING: it is easy to loose work using strip and histedit, so first
make sure that you have a copy of your commits. Use hg log -p, hg
export, clone the whole repository, etc.

Victor