[Python-Dev] Become a Python contributor at PyOhio

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 23:07:22 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Dan Buch <dbuch at ag.com> wrote:

> Does this mean I should repurpose my talk slot, currently entitled
> "Intro to Core Involvement"?  :)
>
> Ach!  I forgot!  Hopefully that's the dumbest mistake I'll make in this
year's PyOhio preparations.  Fortunately the PyCon blog can be edited...
wish emails could be.

No, as I wrote to the talk committee,

"There is some overlap between this talk and Dan Buch's submission, though
his seems to have a heavier focus on doc and triage work.  If they're both
selected, I'll work with Dan to see that the talks dovetail well together.

I would really *love* to see Dan's talk, this talk, and sprints (weekend
sprints AND sprints on the following weekdays) fuse into a great big
contribu-palooza that will put PyOhio on the map!  Well, we're already on
the map."

I actually think it'll be ideal if we can get
- Your talk midday on Saturday, for a clasically planned introduction on
multiple aspects of core involvement
- Shortly thereafter, my "teach me" talk, which will be specifically about
bugfixing and will focus on points of newbie confusion by means of my own
all-natural fumbling.  Hopefully some people from your talk's audience will
take their brand-new knowledge to participate in the "teach me" session as
both teachers and learners... nothing solidifies learning like teaching
does.  (I think I need to *not* watch your talk until afterward on video,
incidentally, to keep my ignorance pure.  I might end up as the most
ignorant person in the room, which would be perfect.)
- That evening, the sprinty goodness begins.

--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/