[Python-Dev] Become a Python contributor at PyOhio

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 21:51:11 CEST 2010

Thanks to David Murray, we're going ahead with plans to make a full-fledged
introduction to core development at PyOhio.  We've just started circulating
this announcement to drum up interest, so if there are people or groups who
you'd like to recruit to the effort, please forward it to them.

By the way, I haven't made a peep on this list yet - or even read it -
because I'm intentionally preserving my ignorance so that I can be the
leader-learner for the Teach Me session.  (It's the first time wilful
ignorance has actually been a virtue).

Anyway, the announcement:

Become a Python contributor at PyOhio
=====================================

Working in Python is awesome. Are you ready to work on Python?

The quality of Python and the Standard Library depend on volunteers who fix
bugs and make improvements to the codebase. If you're interested in joining
these volunteers, good for you! Information on core development is right on
Python's homepage.

However, if you'd like an in-person boost to get you started, come to PyOhio
this July 31 - August 3. One of our many events is "Teach Me Python
Bugfixing", an introduction to working on Python that's guaranteed
newbie-friendly (because a newbie is running it). Next come two evenings and
two full days of Python core sprinting, so you can put your new skills to
use with plenty of helpers around.

It's classroom learning and real-life practice at one free event! See you
there!

Core development:  http://www.python.org/dev/
PyOhio:  http://www.pyohio.org/
Teach Me Python Bugfixing: