[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration readiness (was: Taking over the Mercurial Migration)

Thomas Jollans thomas at jollybox.de
Fri Jul 2 13:47:35 CEST 2010

On 07/02/2010 10:33 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:
> Am 02.07.2010 09:27, schrieb anatoly techtonik:
>> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> This migration is far from "rushed". Workflow will need to be
>>> documented and we need a working hg setup a little while before the
>>> official migration. Both of those said, I personally think this has
>>> dragged on long enough.
>>
>> So, if I understand correctly - there are no Mercurial mirrors for
>> testing at the moment,
>
> There are repositories at http://hg.python.org/; the "cpython" one
> represents the result of conversion at some point in time.

http://code.python.org/hg/ looks like a working mercurial mirror of
current CPython svn. It's probably nothing you'd like to switch to as
such since it doesn't replace svn usernames with names/e-mail addressed
(as I gather was planned), but it does get updated.

As one of those potential contributors that are new to the game and
actually know and love Mercurial, I've never actually checked out a
Python subversion branch, and have based the few patches I have written
on http://code.python.org/hg/branches/py3k/

Thomas