[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration readiness (was: Taking over the Mercurial Migration)

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Fri Jul 2 10:33:06 CEST 2010

Am 02.07.2010 09:27, schrieb anatoly techtonik:
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This migration is far from "rushed". Workflow will need to be
>> documented and we need a working hg setup a little while before the
>> official migration. Both of those said, I personally think this has
>> dragged on long enough.
>
> So, if I understand correctly - there are no Mercurial mirrors for
> testing at the moment,

There are repositories at http://hg.python.org/; the "cpython" one
represents the result of conversion at some point in time.

> so the current step is to create these mirrors
> to try releasing 3.2 from them.

I don't know about "try" -- personally I don't see a difference for
the release procedure, no matter where the source comes from.

I also have no problems releasing a first alpha from SVN, and the
following from Hg.

> Development will continue in SVN
> repository until everybody is ready for final migration in X weeks
> later. Is that right?

No; as soon as we switch, SVN will be read-only.

Georg