[Python-Dev] [OT] cutting the cc list

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Sep 24 13:13:58 CEST 2009

P.J. Eby <pje <at> telecommunity.com> writes:

> I doubt that it was intentional on Tarek's part (checking the thread
> shows that Antoine's the one who first cut the cc: list), but the
> fact remains that I hadn't seen it when I sent my
> message.

Just FYI, there are two reasons that I cut the CC list:
- I usually do it deliberately, when replying from e-mail, because I don't want
people to get duplicates, nor to get an e-mail not coming from the list which
might then not match with their own ML filters (based on whatever headers the ML
machine adds to e-mails)
- In the python-dev case, I reply through gmane, and gmane doesn't do any CC, it
posts only to the list

cheers

Antoine.