[Python-Dev] Distutils ML wrap-up: setup.cfg new format

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Sep 24 05:36:13 CEST 2009

At 07:05 PM 9/23/2009 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 6:57 PM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> > Once again, I'd like for the badgering to stop.  Thanks.
>
>Tarek already agreed to that ("Fine with me. Let's move forward"). I
>hope you will stop badgering him too.

The only reason I said "once again" above instead of, "One last
time", is because I didn't want to be misconstrued as making some
sort of threat.  However, I can assure you, the above is the very
last time I will make that request.

In any case, I hadn't yet seen the message of Tarek's you allude to
above, in large part because it wasn't actually *addressed* to
me.  It went out only to Python-Dev, whereas the message calling me
paranoid went straight to my inbox.

I doubt that it was intentional on Tarek's part (checking the thread
shows that Antoine's the one who first cut the cc: list), but the
fact remains that I hadn't seen it when I sent my
message.  Otherwise, I'd have replied in *that* thread, rather than this one.