[Python-Dev] Distutils ML wrap-up: setup.cfg new format

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Sep 24 03:57:14 CEST 2009

At 12:40 AM 9/24/2009 +0200, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>Come on phillip, no one is "plotting" against you.

Perhaps this is a language issue.  When I said, "if Tarek is too busy
projecting hidden plots onto everything I say and do," I meant that
you were acting as if I were plotting against *you*, not the other
way around.  (For example, you described one of my proposals as
"suspicious", in a context that made it appear you were concerned it
would undermine your plans for Distribute.)

However, I find it "suspicious" myself, that, rather than actually
address *any* of the substantial issues I brought up, you chose to
re-argue points I'm not even disputing.

For example, is it really necessary to make *every* post of yours
that mentions me include an essay on how long it's been since the
last setuptools release?  As I said below, I don't see how that's
remotely relevant to the value of my contributions...  but somehow
you find a way to bring it up constantly.

Do you feel so guilty about forking that you need to continually
re-justify yourself?  If you're doing it on my account, do please
stop.  AFAIR, I haven't said a negative thing about your fork since
it got off the ground, and have in fact said many positive things
about it.  Indeed, the only negative thing I would currently say
about it, is that your characterization of it as a "friendly" fork is
not consistent with your public behavior and demeanor towards me.

Once again, I'd like for the badgering to stop.  Thanks.