[Python-Dev] Distutils ML wrap-up: setup.cfg new format

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 00:40:30 CEST 2009

(Sorry if it's top posting I am on a mobile)

Come on phillip, no one is "plotting" against you.

You didn't maintain setuptools for a year while people where begging you to
do bug fixes. You blessed Ian and Jim to take over but they are too busy to
do it . I even sent them a mail on my side to try to convince them.

So we asked you to bless someone else that was active (not in particular me
as your mail seem to say) but you did not. So we forked. And people were
pissed off at you. (Which I am sorry about)

If a project is not maintained and if the maintainer does not open it to
other maintainers, that s the way to go .

And the fact that I took the lead of that fork doesn't mean I am offended
because you did not bless me to maintain setuptools. It just means that I
want to move forward and have a working tool for python 3.

So let me make it clear that when you say "Tarek appears" it is something I
have never said but rather something you are thinking like being the truth.

Now for the Distribute work , your patches are very welcome. It s a
community project.