[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.3

Zvezdan Petkovic zvezdan at zope.com
Thu Sep 10 14:47:40 CEST 2009

On Sep 9, 2009, at 2:19 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> MacOS X 10.6 support should be stable now, except for a critical issue
> with IDLE: opening a new window hangs IDLE (issue 6864).
>
> That said, I haven't scanned the issue tracker for more 10.6 related
> issues.

I just opened issue 6877 and provided a patch that I use for a long
time already.  It would be nice to have it in the release though since
other people could benefit from it too.

It resolves a BusError crash when Python readline module is built with
a native Mac OS X editline (emulates readline).  The patch fixes the
issue and enables use of readline module on Mac OS X.

Best regards,

	Zvezdan