[Python-Dev] Possible language summit topic: buildbots

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 19:15:38 CET 2009

2009/10/25  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com>:
> If you run a build slave and it's offline when a build is requested, the
> build will be queued and run when the slave comes back online.  So if the
> CPython developers want to work this way (I wouldn't), then we don't need
> pony-build; BuildBot will do just fine.

OK, sounds useful. If I'm offline for a while, do multiple builds get
queued, or only the "last" one? If the former, I can imagine coming
back to a pretty huge load if the slave breaks while I'm on holiday
:-(

I should look all of this up somewhere. Is there a reference to
buildbot for slave maintainers? Are there any specifics for Python
slaves that I should refer to?

(From what I've been able to find, it seems to me that setting up a
slave first requires getting things sorted with the admins, which
sadly precludes experimenting to find things out - I can understand
why the python admins don't want people "playing" on the live buildbot
infrastructure, though :-))

Paul.