[Python-Dev] Unladen-Swallow: A faster python

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Mar 28 23:40:44 CET 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009, andrew cooke wrote:
> Mark Hammond wrote:
> [...I wrote]
>>>
>>> i'm discussing a programming language, not the size of your dick.
>>
>> Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions :)  Is there something you feel
>> the need to get off your chest?
>
> i'm not sure how this has ended up in python-dev; i was responding in
> python and if you read that group my comments may have made a little more
> sense (there were some hysterics in a separate thread accusing me of
> saying python was "dying" because i was concerned about how the discussion
> groups had evolved).

There certainly was no such accusation.  You said that c.l.py was in
"decline" (your own word), and I made reference to the ancient "Usenet
is dead, news at 11" meme.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/0b3fbfcdb92ae0e3

Mark's question seems pertinent.  ;-)

"At Resolver we've found it useful to short-circuit any doubt and just
refer to comments in code as 'lies'. :-)"
--Michael Foord paraphrases Christian Muirhead on python-dev, 2009-3-22