[Python-Dev] GSoC: Core Python development tools

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Mon Mar 23 15:40:39 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:26:54PM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
-> C. Titus Brown wrote:
-> > On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 07:30:01PM -0300, Daniel (ajax) Diniz wrote:
-> > I do think you should be prepared for pushback from python-dev on any
-> > such ideas ;).  Don't get too ambitious about writing up *your* way of
-> > fixing things, but rather make sure you and the students are prepared to
-> > adapt to what people on python-dev think.  Mind you, ultimately the
-> > people doing the work should make the decisions, but input from
-> > python-dev is usually pretty useful even when it's contradictory!
->
-> Everything I've seen from Daniel so far seems to be about either making
-> things we already do more efficient, or else providing additional
-> features in ways that don't make the tools any more confusing for others
-> already used to a particular way of doing things. So he seems to be
-> navigating this particular minefield pretty well so far.
->
-> Then again, I may be a little biased - some of the recent bug tracker
-> changes are things I had wished for in the past, but never chipped in
-> any code to help make them happen :)

Oh, I heartily endorse his suggestions! I just want to make sure that we
make maximum use of students (and their code doesn't get tossed at the
end of the summer, which has serious morale consequences ;)

--t
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu