[Python-Dev] tracker status options

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Mar 19 22:14:04 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 23:47, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> > It would be great to put in some of those extra status options that were
> > discussed recently...
> >
> >    "Open/New"
> >    "Needs help / Chatting"
> >    "Under development"
> >    "Pending feedback"
> >    "Closed"
>
> Are you sure that you want them to be status options? Why not stages?

Because Tennessee is after a way to sift through open issues looking for
ones that are not being actively worked on, thus the "Under Dev" status.
Just because an issue "needs [a] patch" doesn't means it is being worked on
currently.

> ISTM that an issue that "Needs help" is still "Open".

Once the backlog of bugs has been cleaned up and we get into a habit of
triaging new bugs as soon as they come in this won't be quite as necessary.
I believe Tennessee wanted this status to signify that more input is needed
from others originally and to perform triage. Out of the two this one is
needed the least in my opinion.

-Brett