[Python-Dev] draft 3.1 release schedule

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 21:58:22 CET 2009

2009/2/27 Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org>:
> 2009/2/27 Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> schrieb:
>>
>> I should have a PEP (and implementation) ready for alpha 2 to address
>> the current discrepancy between contextlib.nested and actual nested with
>> statements:
>> http://bugs.python.org/issue5251
>>
>> If you do add a reference to that bug report to the release PEP, mark
>> fixing it as a maybe though - with the associated PEP not even written
>> yet, I obviously still have some work to do to get the semantic change
>> approved by Guido and the rest of python-dev.
>
> Ok. I've added it.

Is it worth getting simplegeneric exposed in 3.1
(http://bugs.python.org/issue5135)? If it's going to be in 2.7, I'd
like to see it hit 3.1. The patch is against trunk (for 2.7) at the
moment, I'm not sure what the process would be for forward-porting it
(do I generate a new patch against the py3k branch, or should it be
applied to trunk and merged in?)

Paul.